Technology is rapidly changing the way hotels operate, and one of the most exciting new innovations is introducing Amazon Alexa in hotel rooms.
After launching Alexa for hospitality by Amazon, with an Amazon Echo, is very valuable for the Hotels to use. The voice activated virtual concierge in each room helps hoteliers to reduce costs, increase revenue and strengthen guests satisfaction.
Further it can furnish guests with different services, such as ordering room service, making restaurant reservations and providing information about the hotel and surrounding area.
One of the key benefits of using Alexa in hotel rooms is you can connect your Echo Dot to hotel wifi. You can connect any number of echo dot devices to hotel wifi if there is no limitation to connect it. And if there is a limited number of device connections, then you are required to take other Wi-fi connections.
This allows guests to access Alexa's features and services apart from using their own mobile data or rely on a wired internet connection. It also enables Alexa to provide more personalized information and services, such as weather forecast, news, and even control smart devices in the room.
So, how do you install Alexa in a hotel room and set it up?
The process is somewhat simple and straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to the play store on Android or app store on iOS. Open Amazon Alexa app and install it.
2. After log in to the app, the next step is to Turn on Alexa. It tries to detect location and the Wi-fi details.
3. Set up your Echo Dot by following instructions in the app.
4. Connect your Echo Dot to the hotel's WiFi network, from device’s settings and then select the hotel's network from the list of available networks. Otherwise enter the password you were provided.
5. Once the Echo Dot is set up, you can start using Alexa's features and services. Simply say "Alexa" followed by your request or command.
6. The hotel can also customize the device by providing a list of local amenities and services that guests can access using Alexa, such as nearby restaurants, tourist attractions, and more.
In conclusion, Amazon Alexa in hotel rooms is a great way to escalate the guest experience and productivity. By providing guests with easy access to a wide range of services and information, Alexa can aid their stay more comfortable and enjoyable. By following these simple steps, hotels can easily connect Echo Dot to hotel WiFi and set it up to provide guests with a seamless and personalized experience.
Swapnil Chouhan is Founder of Optimum Technical Labs LLP, Worked on Several mobile app development projects, He writes about it.
Get in touch with us.